Thursday, November 12, 2009

Magnolia....yum

I have loved and admired the gorgeous Magnolia stamps for quite sometime. but never been actually lucky enough to own any. Well.....I'm now the proud owner of quite a few...slowly building up my collection. So now I thought..well you have some...you had better start using them. Hence me making a few cards lately!

I'm not really a card maker, and I actually get nervous making a card. no idea why i just do. Anywho.....I've been scouring a few blogs to get some ideas and came across Kellie Winnell's blog. She also has a Magnolia challenge blog...this week the challenge is a sketch so I thought..why not give it a shot. Now its only very plain, which is so not like me at all, but its done, even if it does follow the sketch really closely..lol. Again so not like me!
So here is my effort for the sketch at MAgnolia Down Under Challenges.


I so want to whack some flowers on it but seeing as I'm actually going to be mailing it to someone through the post i decided not to.

7 comments:

The kids said...

Its very cute- great job

Tracey Feeger said...

Once the Magnolia bug has bitten there is no turning back. We all love them and I am sure you will have a huge collection very soon.

Great job with the sketch. Great colouring of the image and wonderful papers. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Debbie Pamment said...

Can't believe you say you're not a card maker - this is fabulous! And beware - it's VERY addictive, especially with these fabo stamps - LOL.
Hope to see you come back and join us again at MDUC
xXx

Debbie Pamment said...

Hi Leonie -sorry was going to email but couldn't find your addy - the SU Christmas sentiment you asked me about is from the hostess set Best Yet.
xXx

Kellie said...

UH OH, a few will turn into a few more than a few and then a box full and then you need a bigger box and it never ends, lol trust me. But it's so hard they are to cute! Gorgeous card, love the detail, thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge. xx

Hugs, Kel
MDUC Site Owner.

stephanne said...

The Magnolia addiction will hit you HARD!! And people will LOVE recieving your handmade delights!! Lovely card, such a cute image and fun papers. Thanks for joinging us at MDUC, we'll see ya next time around!!
Stephanne

Jodie from Oz said...

Yes they are very addictive. Wonderful card, a fabulous take on the MDUC sketch. Tilda is adorable and your colours wonderful. Thanks for joining us at MDUC and hope to see you next time. Hugs Jodie from Oz